National Provider Code No. 51259 | CRICOS Code 02543G

Student Welfare

Student Job BoardSeek JobsGumtree JobsFacebook JobsAussie Job HuntMyGov JobsHow to Create a Resume for Employment PurposesHow to Create a Cover Letter for Employment Purposes

Student Job Board

Student Job Board is a job site in Australia for students. It helps university and college students find casual work to help support their studies.

Popular jobs include: Admin Jobs, Hospitality Jobs & Retail Jobs.


Seek Jobs

Seek provides students with a diverse range of work in Australia.

Gumtree Jobs

Gumtree is a free classified ads platform for mostly everything, inclusive of jobs.

Facebook Jobs

Facebook is a social media which also provides job opportunities to the community.

Aussie Job Hunt is dedicated to giving you the best platform to search for jobs or post job openings near you anywhere in Australia. We focus on low prices, ease of use, and a variety of tools to make recruitment easier.


MyGov Jobs

myGov is a simple and secure way to access government services online in one place.
myGov gives you access to a range of government services online.
When you create a myGov account you can link to Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support, and a range of other government services.

With a myGov account, you can:

  • get messages sent to your secure myGov Inbox
  • update your personal details
  • be confident your personal information is secure
  • access your online accounts overseas
  • link to other government services.


How to Create a Resume for Employment Purposes

How to Create a Cover Letter for Employment Purposes

Per published by the Department of Home Affairs an international student in Australia can work up to 48 hours per fortnight during their scheduled classes as long as you have working rights conditions on your current visa.

However, an international student who holds working rights on their visa condition, can work unlimited hours during their course term breaks. To find out more information about your course schedules and term breaks, refer to your timetable we have issued to you or speak to your lecturer.

Please note that some of our qualifications contain work-based training sessions which are required to be conducted in live industry, paid or unpaid. For example, in the qualification SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, when the unit of competency SITHCCC043 is opened, students are required to conduct at least 48 sessions in the hospitality industry, back of house department, notably in a restaurant, bistro and/or fine-dining venues. The job sources provided to you below will help you to search for employment or venues to conduct your work-based training sessions.

Please note that, should you require a supporting letter attesting to commencement of your work-based training sessions, please email [email protected] or speak in person with student services.

Some courses will require a student of Kingston International College to conduct work based training sessions in live industry. Below is a list of venues for respective faculties which Kingston International College has made contact with and whom you may communicate with a potential placement to complete your sessions.

(Please note that, it is solely up to the venue whether they wish to allow you to conduct unpaid work-based training in their facility)
(As you are also representing Kingston International College whilst communicating with the venues, you must do so professionally)

Should you require an endorsement to attest to commencement of your work-based training sessions, please email your course lecturer who will attend to this matter.

1 Aloft Perth [email protected] (08) 6147 2468 Hospitality
2 Courtyard by Marriott [email protected] (08) 6170 2400 Hospitality
3 Fourpoints by Sheraton [email protected] (08) 9327 7000 Hospitality
4 The Westin Perth [email protected] (08) 6559 1888 Hospitality
5 The Rydges Kings Square [email protected] (08) 9483 9600 Hospitality
6 Pagoda Hotel South Perth [email protected] (08) 9367 0300 Hospitality
7 Furaibo Japanese Restaurant [email protected] 0407 899 996 Hospitality
8 Hyatt Hotel [email protected] N/A Hospitality
9 Novotel Perth Langley [email protected] N/A Hospitality
10 QT Hotel [email protected] N/A Hospitality
11 Crowne Plaza Perth / Holiday Inn [email protected] /
[email protected]
N/A Hospitality
12 Hanami Japanese Restaurant [email protected] N/A Hospitality
13 Mimada Asian Fusion Restaurant [email protected] 0415 355 885 Hospitality
14 The Morley Local [email protected] 0448 759 853 Hospitality
15 Sedap Place 0413 327 133 Hospitality
16 Vibe Hotel [email protected] Hospitality
16 Brightswater [email protected] 1300 223 968 Community services
(Individual Support)
17 Nido Child Care Center [email protected] (08) 6244 2064 Community services
(Early Childhood)
18 Kinder Park [email protected] (08) 9272 9554 Community services
(Early Childhood)
19 Meela Child Care [email protected] (08) 9227 9886 Community services
(Early Childhood)
20 Buttercups Childcare [email protected]  /
[email protected]
(08) 9463 5470 Community services
(Early Childhood)
21 South Perth Early Learning School [email protected] (08) 9474 2186 Community services
(Early Childhood)
22 Aegis Care [email protected] (08) 9314 0614 /
(08) 9297 9100
Community services
(Individual Support)
23 Regents Garden Age Care [email protected]  /
[email protected]
(08) 9332 7280 Community services
(Individual Support)
24 Amana Living (Age Care) [email protected] +61 1300262626 Community services
(Individual Support)
25 Bethanie on Pier Bethaniecustomer.serviceoperations
131 151 Community services
(Individual Support)
26 Mercy Care Wembley Age Care Home [email protected] 02 9442 3408 Community services
(Individual Support)
27 Juniper Aged Care [email protected],au 1300 313 000 Community services
(Individual Support)
28 Eternal Disability Care [email protected] 1800 973 600 Community services
(Individual Support)
29 Rosewood Welcome Home [email protected] /
[email protected],au
1300 971 771 Community services
(Individual Support)
Emergency evacuation while on Kingston premiseEmergency police and ambulance assistanceHospitals in Western Australia (WA)HotDoc local GPs and DoctorsCrisis support and assistance (Lifeline)Overseas students health cover (OHSC)

Emergency evacuation while on Kingston premise

Whilst on Kingston premise, If you hear the alarm sound or you have been instructed to evacuate the premise, you must evacuate immediately in a calm and orderly manner.For your safety and the wellbeing of all, please follow emergency guidelines which are given to you during an emergency evacuation or drill.

You are required to gather at the emergency muster / gather point. (See the map below for more information on where to gather)
Kingston Emergency Evacuation Plan

Emergency police and ambulance assistance

If you require emergency police or ambulance assistance, dial 000 immediately.

Only call 000 in an emergency or life-threatening situation, when urgent police or ambulance assistance is needed, for example:

  • a serious crime is in progress, being witnessed or just committed.
  • any situation where life or serious injury is threatened.
  • a car accident where people are trapped or seriously injured.
  • a serious air, rail or water incident.
  • any incident which poses an immediate threat of danger to people or property.
  • an explosion or bomb incident or threat.

Call 131 444 for police assistance or attendance and when it is not an emergency, for example:

  • reporting a disturbance or breach of the peace (antisocial behaviour).
  • reporting something which has happened in the past.
  • reporting a property-related incident for insurance purposes.
  • making a complaint against police or another individual.


Hospitals in Western Australia (WA)

WA Health has more than 80 hospitals spread across an area of 2.5 million square kilometres, providing world class health care to our population of 2.5 million.Three of our hospitals are managed under private-public partnerships, delivering free public health care to the community. (Certain visa conditions may affect if public health care is free or paid. See your visa conditions where relevant)

However, emergency departments in public hospitals provide free emergency care to anyone who needs immediate treatment for a serious injury or illness.


HotDoc local GPs and Doctors

HotDoc is Australia’s largest and most trusted patient engagement platform with over 21,000 listed doctors and 8 million active patients.Nearly 1 in 3 Australians use HotDoc to connect with their preferred doctor. Patients use the platform to book online and better manage their (and their family’s) health. While practices and practitioners use HotDoc as an all-in-one solution to connect with new and existing patients.

HotDoc provides patients with a list of medical centres and doctors to choose from in Australia. Through HotDoc, patients can make appointments for medical purposes.


Crisis support and assistance (Lifeline)

Lifeline exists to ensure that no person in Australia has to face their darkest moments alone. Our experience has shown us that it is through connection that we can find hope. We are available 24 hours a day to listen, without judgement to any person in Australia who is feeling overwhelmed, experiencing crisis or longs to be heard.

Sometimes life’s problems can seem overwhelming and unbearable. Getting through these problems might seem impossible or daunting. This is not unusual. So recognising this and asking for help is an important first step. We’re here to listen, make a connection and be there for you. We want to sit with you in your time of need and help you through it.

You can contact lifeline on 13 11 14 anytime any day should you require to speak to someone.


Overseas students health cover (OHSC)

OSHC doesn’t cover treatments such as dental, optical or physiotherapy. You can purchase Extras OSHC from an OSHC provider if you want cover for these.

Another option is to buy private health insurance along with your OSHC to cover items that OSHC does not cover. Benefits and costs vary between funds and insurance policies.

You can also purchase travel insurance in addition to your OSHC, which can cover various health treatments. .

There are only a few registered health insurers that offer OSHC. You can compare plans and prices by visiting the following websites:



International students work rightsFulltime vs Parttime vs casual employmentMinimum workplace rights and conditionsWhen should you contact fair work ombudsman?Visa protections assurance protocolNational Employment Standards

International students work rights

All people working in Australia have basic rights and protections in the workplace, including minimum pay and conditions. You continue to have the same entitlements and protections under the Fair Work Act as other employees regardless of your migration status under the Migration Act 1958. The Fair Work Ombudsman makes sure that these rights are protected and enforced fairly under Australia’s workplace laws.

If you’re a migrant worker in breach of your visa conditions, you can still ask for our help to receive your minimum entitlements. We are an Australian Government agency who helps regulate Australian workplaces. You can’t get into trouble or have your visa cancelled for contacting us to ask for information about your pay or other workplace rights.

We have an arrangement with Home Affairs to support visa holders who come to us for help. Under this arrangement, visa holders can seek help without fear of visa cancellation, even if they’ve breached their work-related visa conditions.

This fact sheet will help you understand your basic workplace rights, where to obtain further information, and how to seek assistance from the Fair Work Ombudsman.

For more information, contact the Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94.

All references to an award or agreement in this fact sheet include modern awards, enterprise agreements, and award or agreement-based transitional instruments.


Fulltime vs Part time vs casual employment

What is the difference between full-time, part-time and casual work?

Full-time employees generally work 38 hours per week, and receive pay for a full week’s work as well as conditions like paid annual leave and sick leave. A full-time worker is also entitled to notice of termination of their employment. This means that if your employer no longer wants to employ you, they have to provide a period of notice (or payment instead of the notice period) depending on how long you have worked there.

Part-time employees work regular hours each week, but less than the 38 hours of full-time employees. Part-time employees get the same minimum entitlements (such as sick leave and annual leave) as a full-time employee, but on a pro-rata basis.

An employee is casual if:

  • they’re offered a job
  • the offer doesn’t include a firm advance commitment that the work will continue indefinitely with an agreed pattern of work
  • they accept the offer knowing there is no firm advance commitment and become an employee.

Minimum workplace rights and conditions

All employees in the national workplace relations system receive basic minimum entitlements known as the National Employment Standards (NES). Your minimum rights and conditions at work may be set by a legal document like an award, an agreement, or a contract of employment. Ask your employer which one applies to you to find out how you are affected.

The NES include:

  • Maximum weekly hours of work
  • Requests for flexible working arrangements
  • Parental leave and related entitlements
  • Annual leave
  • Sick and carer’s leave (also known as personal/carer’s leave), compassionate leave and family and domestic violence leave
  • Community service leave
  • Long service leave
  • Public holidays
  • Notice of termination and redundancy pay
  • Superannuation (super)
  • The Fair Work Information Statement and Casual Employment Information Statement.
  • The right for casual employees to become permanent employees in some circumstances.

Please note, only certain NES entitlements apply to casual employees. For more information on the NES, see National Employment Standards.

When should you contact fair work ombudsman?

If you believe you are not receiving your minimum rights and conditions at work or having workplace issues, contact the Fair Work Ombudsman for free information and advice. Remember, visa holders can seek help without fear of visa cancellation, even if they’ve breached their work-related visa conditions.


Visa protections assurance protocol

All people working in Australia have the same minimum workplace rights and protections, regardless of their citizenship or visa status.

Your rights can’t be taken away by employment contracts or agreements. We make sure the rights of visa holders are protected and enforced fairly under Australian workplace laws. Your employer can’t cancel your visa, even if you’ve breached your visa conditions. Only Home Affairs can grant, refuse or cancel visas.

We have an arrangement with Home Affairs to support visa holders who come to us for help. Under this arrangement, visa holders can seek help without fear of visa cancellation, even if they’ve breached their work-related visa conditions. This arrangement is called the Assurance Protocol.


National Employment Standards

The National Employment Standards (NES) are the minimum employment entitlements that have to be provided to all employees.

Other workplace instruments can’t provide for conditions that are less than the National Employment Standards. This includes an:

  • award
  • employment contract
  • enterprise agreement

These also can’t exclude the NES.

Employers have to give every new employee a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement (the FWIS) when they start their new job.

Employers also have to give every new casual employee a copy of the Casual Employment Information Statement (the CEIS) at the same time.


My Legal MateLegal AidLaw accessWelfare rights & advocacy services

My Legal Mate

StudyPerth is committed to supporting the wellbeing of international students with new FREE support services now available.

These FREE support services include confidential counselling, career coaching and legal advice managed through a simple triage system.

From today, these services can be accessed both online or in-person at the StudyPerth Student Hub.

Learn more about how our new FREE support services can benefit you:

  • Wellbeing Support – We have partnered with Multicultural Services Centre of WA to create a safe space for our wellbeing support service in our Student Hub, centrally located in the Perth CBD. We will connect you with the right information, referrals and practical support and you can be confident all matters will remain confidential.
  • Career Support – Our new and improved Careers Centre employability portal is packed with interactive tools, valuable e-learning courses, career assessments and the latest job opportunities, all designed to get you job ready and navigating today’s job market with confidence. Those who prefer face-to-face career support may consult one of our qualified career advisors from Multicultural Services Centre of WA in our Student Hub.
  • Legal Advice – To help you understand your legal rights, we’re providing multilingual and legal advisory services via My Legal Mate. Through My Legal Mate, you can access on-the-go information and answers to commonly asked questions about laws in Australia. You also have the option of meeting with our in-person lawyer for legal advice.

Legal Aid

Legal Aid WA is the public face of the Legal Aid Commission of Western Australia.

We are the largest provider of legal aid services in Western Australia, with around 480 lawyers and support staff in 9 offices covering Perth and regional WA.

Legal Aid WA offers free or low-cost legal services to the community. We can help if you have questions about the law, if you are going to court, or if you need advice on a legal problem.

If you have trouble getting help because of a disability, language barriers, or your location, we will do our best to help you access our services.

Priority is often given to help people with the greatest needs. We try to help as many people as possible, but do not give advice on every legal issue. If we cannot help with your specific problem, we will try to refer you to someone who can.


Law access

Law Access is a not-for-profit organisation that facilitates the giving of pro bono (free or low fee) legal assistance by the Western Australian legal profession to those who cannot afford a lawyer.

We are a service of last resort for those who cannot get legal assistance from legal aid, a community legal centre or other legal services.

Law Access considers applications from not-for-profits and individuals in genuine need of legal assistance.

Welfare rights & advocacy services

Welfare Rights & Advocacy Service (WA) is a not-for-profit community legal centre that provides independent advice, information, referral, representation and advocacy in relation to Centrelink, Family Assistance, Tenancy and Social Security prosecution matters.

The agency is based in Perth and provides its services in a geographic catchment area within the state of Western Australia. There is no charge for our services.



Transportation Services

Perth is a city built on convenience with an expansive network of easy and affordable transport options to help you get around. Relatively small in size compared to other major cities, Perth boasts a number of affordable and reliable transport options to make getting around easy.

With an expansive transport network, capped pricing and free buses in major entertainment and business districts, you can anywhere you need to go quickly and affordably.

Plus, with Perth’s warm Mediterranean climate, you can enjoy the outdoor lifestyle, save money and get some exercise by travelling around the city by bike or on foot.

Transperth provides the Perth metropolitan region with bus, train and ferry public transport services.

Tertiary Smart Rider allows students to obtain discounted fares for Transperth trips.



Who can get one?

You may only apply for a Tertiary SmartRider only if you are:

  • enrolled in full-time studies at a Western Australian University or TAFE College, or
  • a secondary school student attending school in the year you turn 19 or older, or
  • an interstate primary or secondary school student.

You are unable to apply for a Tertiary SmartRider if you are:

  • a part-time student
  • studying by correspondence
  • enrolled in an interstate or overseas institution
  • a visiting interstate or overseas tertiary student.

Unique Student Identifier (USI)



A USI is your lifelong education number – you only need to create it once.
It is mandatory for any student of Kingston International College to hold a USI per statutory requirements.

myGov is a simple and secure way to access government services online in one place.

With a myGov account, you can access services from:

How to create a myGov account>

Here are the steps to create a myGov account:

  1. Go to myGov and select Create account.
  2. Select Continue with email.
  3.  Read the privacy notice and Terms of use. If you understand and agree to the Terms of use, select Next.
  4.  Enter an Email address and select Next.
  5.  Enter the Code sent to your email, then select Next.
  6. Enter your Mobile number (optional) and select Next.
  7.  Enter the Code sent to your mobile phone and select Next.
  8.  Enter a Password and then Re-enter password.
  9. Create your 3 Secret questions and answers. Choose from the list or create your own.

National Police Certificate

The National Police Certificate, also known as police clearance, is used and requested by some workplaces to ensure that potential employees being recruited, do not pose a threat to the workplace’s current employees and stakeholders.

A National Police Certificate (NPC) contains a list of a person’s disclosable court outcomes and pending charges from all Australian police jurisdictions. This includes traffic and non-police prosecuted matters.

Applications are made online include online payment, ID verification and digital delivery. Applications that do not require any further investigation can be completed within an hour.

Foreign Embassies and Consulates in Australia

The purpose of embassies is to preserve and protect the relationship between the host country and the country represented by that particular embassy office1. Embassies can help citizens with multiple services abroad, including:

  • Issuing emergency passports (if yours got lost or stolen)
  • Replacing/renewing your passport
  • Issuing birth reports for children born abroad
  • Issuing death reports for residents who pass away abroad
  • Accepting ballots for elections in a person’s home country
  • Filing taxes in a person’s home country
  • Navigating foreign police, legal, and medical systems
  • Assisting residents who get arrested or detained abroad


Taxation and Tax File Number

Every business and individuals in Australa who are earning an income, must lodge their tax return each financial year. As an international student, you are required to lodge your tax return each financial year.

Perth Weather and Climate

A city of endless sunshine, the Perth climate is one of warmth with blue skies, clean air and a year-round outdoor lifestyle.

Average Perth weather by season

(December – February)
(March – May)
(June – August)
(September – November)
Average temperatures range from 17.5 – 30°C (63.5 – 86°F).
A sea breeze called the ‘Fremantle Doctor’ provides some relief in the afternoons.
Average temperatures range from 13.7 – 26°C (56.6 – 78.8°F).
Nights are cooler, with occasional showers.
Average temperatures range from 8 – 19°C (46.4 – 66.2°F).
Temperatures can be cold and wet with occasional storms.
Average temperatures range from 11.7 – 23°C (53 – 73.4°F).
Warm sunny days with little to no rainfall, and plenty of blooms.

Accommodation in Perth

Whether you want the convenience of staying on-campus or the freedom and flexibility of your own space, Perth offers a range of affordable student accommodation options.

Finding accommodation in a new city can be challenging, but you can relax knowing we’re here to help you find the perfect home away from home with our resources.

With a wide range of accommodation types available to international students in Perth, you can find affordable, convenient and comfortable accommodation in the suburb of your choice.

Make the most of your stay by choosing the accommodation that suits you best.