This course has been designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of theological theories and concepts within a Christian framework. The competencies gained will enable the performance of the following functions within a Christian ministry context:
- Interpret, analyse and apply integrated concepts related to Christian beliefs.
- Provide considered information and ideas related to Christian beliefs and teachings to Christian and non-Christian audiences.
- Provide leadership to Christians based on demonstrated understanding of Christianity.
Practical experience is a compulsory component of this course. Students will obtain the requisite experience through:
- Cross-cultural mission trips.
- Ongoing placements with local churches, Christian ministries or community service organisations.
These experiences will allow students to ground their knowledge within the context of Christian community.
This course is also offered at our Bunbury Campus.
23 Direct Debit Monthly Instalments
(20 hours study week + 20 hours course break)
Inclusive of 410 hrs of work-based training
- Australian Year 12 (or equivalent)
- IELTS 6.0 overall (or equivalent)
- Cert IV in Christian Ministry and Theology or relevant knowledge
- Pre-arranged interview
Matured Aged students are assessed on case by case basis on their eligibility to enrol to the respective course based on their working experience if they do not have evidence of previous required academic qualifications.
Students will also be required to undertake Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test at the time of enrolment and at any time if the college believes that their levels are not up to standards. Even if student has the appropriate IELTS score, they are still required to do the LLN test at time of enrolment.
Total course duration: 104 weeks
(20 hours study week + 20 hours course
CMTTHE501 Analyse and interpret Christian Scripture and Theology
CMTTHE502 Utilise the analysis of theological data
CMTTHE503 Research and analyse information within a theological theme or issue
CMTTHE504 Analyse and apply new theological insights
CMTMIN501 Facilitate social or personal change through the application of theological ideas
CMTMIN502 Present Theological Beliefs and Their Implications
CHCCDE002 Develop and Implement Community Programs
SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
CHCLEG001 Work Legally and Ethically
CHCCCS016 Respond to client needs
• Role playing
• Case studies
• Group projects
• Leadership and Management
• Work-based training
• Pastoral Worker
• Small Group Leader
• Church Planter
• Parish Worker
• Religious Education Instructor
• 10744NAT – Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology
• Bachelor of Theology
• Graduate Certificate in Christian Ministry and Theology
• Graduate Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology